KEYS TO THE CITY
C-BOX

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

sunlight, tag :: rasmus
Lark Noel
 Posted: Sep 11 2016, 03:14 PM

Nanny
Novosibirsk, Russia
they/them/their
years old
Non Binary
Pansexual
Panromantic
monoamorous
Kimmy
Central
language
sex
violence

PM
she/her/her
awards

sunlight
Lark was scared. No, nervous. No. Definitely scared. No, wait. Nervous. Yeah, yeah nervous... could she be both? Yeah, she could be. But with Rasmus? She couldn't be so sure.

She let out a frustrated grunt as she continued to pace back and forth in her apartment. Why was she acting this way? She managed to not think about what Miles had told her for months and still managed to hang out with Rasmus. Why was she suddenly so anxiety ridden about it?

Oh. Right. Because she was finally going to ask him about it today.

Thankfully Miles wasn't here. She hadn't told him about it. Which was probably for the best. He without a doubt would have told her to not do it. She doubted he even liked she was still talking to him in the first place.

It would be okay, though. It had to be. Rasmus and her were friends. Best friends! He would tell her everything and everything would be fine. She was sure of it.

Not.

With a sigh, she trotted over to the Bonsai and sat beside it on its window sill, "I hope he won't hate me too much after this," she mumbled to the plant, eyes turning to the window as she waited for her friend to arrive.

PMEmail
^
Rasmus Agonia
 Posted: Sep 17 2016, 02:36 AM

unemployed
heraklion, greece
he/him/his
years old
Male
heterosexual
heteroromantic
monoamorous
hades
est
language
sex
violence

odiushades#1101 (discord)
they/them/their
awards
N/A

SUNLIGHT

Seeing Lark again was absolutely the best thing Rasmus had to look forward to. There was nothing in the world he enjoyed more than spending time with her, and lately it had seemed their visits were a little shorter, or maybe he was just too sad when she left and it felt like time was flying past... if only he could find a way to slow things down, to make the flow of seconds stop just for a little while.

He trotted up the steps to her apartment, knocking on the front door and then stepping inside as he usually did when she was expecting him. They were past the point of waiting on doors, and that made him quite happy as well.

As he entered her bedroom the first thing he looked at was the bonsai tree. That would always be where his eyes were drawn first. The perfect little budding flowers, the open leaves stretching towards the light, the sturdy branches. Then his eyes went to Lark, a smile spreading across his face.

"Hi!" he greeted breathlessly.

tag:: @Lark Noel + outfit:: click + audio:: click
PM
^
Lark Noel
 Posted: Sep 17 2016, 09:47 PM

Nanny
Novosibirsk, Russia
they/them/their
years old
Non Binary
Pansexual
Panromantic
monoamorous
Kimmy
Central
language
sex
violence

PM
she/her/her
awards

sunlight
Even if things didn't end well today, Lark was going to appreciate the good moments. Like seeing Hades smile. He had the type of smile that made it irresistible to not smile in return.

She smiled widely, "Hi!" she greeted, jumping up from the sill and bouncing over to wrap her arms around him in a hug. It was a little tighter than usual and she held it longer than she usually would, too. She took in his scent, closing her eyes as she let herself enjoy it before only pulling away enough to look at his face.

"How are you doing today?"

PMEmail
^
Rasmus Agonia
 Posted: Sep 19 2016, 05:38 PM

unemployed
heraklion, greece
he/him/his
years old
Male
heterosexual
heteroromantic
monoamorous
hades
est
language
sex
violence

they/them/their
awards
N/A

SUNLIGHT

There was one thing Hades would never have any doubts about whatsoever, and that was that Lark had by far the best hug in the entire world. Anytime her arms circled around him he felt like there was nothing bad left in the world, like every burden that had been laid upon his shoulders instantly vanished.

He noticed she held him longer than usual, and thought maybe she felt like he needed it. And maybe he did. It had been a long time since they'd last seen each other, after all.

"Good, but even better now that I'm seeing you! What about you? I see the bonsai is looking very happy."

PM
^
Lark Noel
 Posted: Sep 20 2016, 01:09 AM

Nanny
Novosibirsk, Russia
they/them/their
years old
Non Binary
Pansexual
Panromantic
monoamorous
Kimmy
Central
language
sex
violence

PM
she/her/her
awards

sunlight
The comment simultaneously made Lark feel both happy and guilty. It was nice to hear those things since Miles didn't say them. She just felt bad that she was probably going to upset him today.

"I'm happy to see you, too. It's been too long." Not really, but she liked seeing Hades so even a few days felt like a lot.

"And I'm good." she said, thinking of adding something about work and deciding against it. "The bonsai is, too. I've been making sure to take extra good care of her. Especially with the bunny when they're out and about. He likes to try and be sneaky so he can munch on it, but I always catch him."

She smiled a bit wider, "Oh, right. I forgot to tell you I got a bunny!" Her and Miles did, technically. And not so much as got as found it and decided to take it home. "Want to see him?"

PMEmail
^
Rasmus Agonia
 Posted: Sep 22 2016, 01:46 PM

unemployed
heraklion, greece
he/him/his
years old
Male
heterosexual
heteroromantic
monoamorous
hades
est
language
sex
violence

they/them/their
awards
N/A

SUNLIGHT

"Oh!"

Rasmus' face lit up at the mention of the new little pet. He'd always had a fondness for animals, but little tiny fluffballs especially. It seemed fitting somehow that Lark would have a pet rabbit, too. Just like she belonged with flowers and plants and trees, animals were a natural extention of that.

"Yes I would love to! Has he told you his name yet?"

PM
^
Lark Noel
 Posted: Sep 28 2016, 08:08 PM

Nanny
Novosibirsk, Russia
they/them/their
years old
Non Binary
Pansexual
Panromantic
monoamorous
Kimmy
Central
language
sex
violence

PM
she/her/her
awards

sunlight
Lark smiled and took Hades' hand, leading him out of the bedroom and back into the living room. The unsettling feeling was still in her gut and she knew now she was stalling, yet again. She just... she just liked it when things were nice between them. She liked having him around and she didn't want to lose him like she had Skade.

She only let go of his hand so she could go open the cage that was resting in the corner of the room. She kept it there because it seemed to be the warmest and the little thing slept better.

"His name is Cherry," she told him, holding the little white bunny in her arms as she walked back over to him. "Pretty much told me right after eating a big handful of them." she smiled.

"Want to hold him?"

PMEmail
^
Rasmus Agonia
 Posted: Sep 30 2016, 01:03 PM

unemployed
heraklion, greece
he/him/his
years old
Male
heterosexual
heteroromantic
monoamorous
hades
est
language
sex
violence

they/them/their
awards
N/A

SUNLIGHT

Hades felt his smile grow as Lark took his hand in hers. He squeezed it tight, wishing she would never let go. She did, of course, but he had known she would.

He watched, eyes widening as she took the little bundle of fluff out of the cage. He was so cute and fuzzy and absolutely adorable.

"I'd love to!" He reached out, carefully taking the little rabbit and cradling him in his arms like a baby. "Cherry! What a cute little bunny you are, hm? Aren't you happy to be with Persephone? What a lucky boy!"

PM
^
Lark Noel
 Posted: Oct 2 2016, 10:05 PM

Nanny
Novosibirsk, Russia
they/them/their
years old
Non Binary
Pansexual
Panromantic
monoamorous
Kimmy
Central
language
sex
violence

PM
she/her/her
awards

sunlight
Lark smiled as she watched Hades with the bunny. The way he held and spoke to him was so adorable. It made her think that he'd be good with kids if he had... any...

The smile instantly dropped and she felt sick. He's done this before, held a child and spoke to them in a cute voice. He probably even sang to them and read them stories. And his wife probably stood there and watched with a smile on her face, thinking about how much she loved them.

And then he killed them.

And then he killed them.

"How come you never told me you had a wife and kids?" she blurted.

PMEmail
^
Rasmus Agonia
 Posted: Oct 3 2016, 06:45 PM

unemployed
heraklion, greece
he/him/his
years old
Male
heterosexual
heteroromantic
monoamorous
hades
est
language
sex
violence

they/them/their
awards
N/A

SUNLIGHT

The question cut off Hades' chatter instantly. He looked up at Lark, a mixture of confusion and shock on his features. For a moment he looked as though he might start to cry, but he managed to get ahold of himself.

"I did tell you," he said finally. "I told you about Persephone and I. I didn't mention the kids, because..." He frowned, his expression going blank for a moment. "Because I thought you knew," he said finally. "They're in the stories. I figured you'd already heard about them. A lot of people have."

PM
^
Lark Noel
 Posted: Oct 6 2016, 07:11 PM

Nanny
Novosibirsk, Russia
they/them/their
years old
Non Binary
Pansexual
Panromantic
monoamorous
Kimmy
Central
language
sex
violence

PM
she/her/her
awards

sunlight
Lark closed her eyes, knowing she should've asked the real question she wanted to ask instead of chickening out. It should have been like a band-aid; just rip it off to get it done and she was just making it more painful.

"I haven't read the stories. I only know very little, mostly what you've told me," she said, eyes still closed. "That's not what I meant to ask, though. Not really."

She bit her lip, it taking a few seconds before she could force her eyes back open. She hated the look on Hades' face and she knew she was only going to be making it worse.

"I meant why didn't you tell me that you killed your wife and kids."

PMEmail
^
Rasmus Agonia
 Posted: Oct 17 2016, 05:30 PM

unemployed
heraklion, greece
he/him/his
years old
Male
heterosexual
heteroromantic
monoamorous
hades
est
language
sex
violence

they/them/their
awards
N/A

SUNLIGHT

Hades' mouth dropped, eyes wide as he took a step back from Lark. He could feel his chest tightening and his heart starting to beat faster.

Persephone. The woman he loved. The only one he would ever love, and she'd been taken from him. The children were gone too, but only for a little while. They would come back, he knew that. It was just a matter of time. They were safer in the Underworld, but people up here didn't understand that. The doctors didn't understand... and now Hades knew who Lark had been talking to.

"I didn't kill my wife," Hades said firmly, doing his best to keep his voice steady. "Or my children. You've been talking to Miles."

PM
^
Lark Noel
 Posted: Oct 23 2016, 05:23 AM

Nanny
Novosibirsk, Russia
they/them/their
years old
Non Binary
Pansexual
Panromantic
monoamorous
Kimmy
Central
language
sex
violence

PM
she/her/her
awards

sunlight
Lark wanted to believe him. She wanted to let her shoulders slouch as she hurried out an apology and about how she shouldn't have listened to Miles and that she should know that he would never do such a thing. But she did none of those things.

She shifted. She felt guilty and she bit her tongue to stop herself from saying anything for a second. This had been a bad idea, but now she couldn't back out of it.

"He hadn't meant to tell me," she said. "He thought you already had."

She shifted once again.

"If you didn't kill them, then why does he think you did?"

PMEmail
^
Rasmus Agonia
 Posted: Oct 24 2016, 09:32 PM

unemployed
heraklion, greece
he/him/his
years old
Male
heterosexual
heteroromantic
monoamorous
hades
est
language
sex
violence

they/them/their
awards
N/A

SUNLIGHT

"Because..." Rasmus looked away, shuffling uncomfortably. He didn't like thinking about these things, let alone talking about them. He'd hoped it would be over now that he wasn't living at the hospital anymore.

"Because that's what I had to agree to so the doctors would finally let me go. They wouldn't believe the truth, because they don't believe in gods here. Not anymore. But I never said I killed my wife," he frowned. He had heard that rumour spread in the hospital, and no one believed him when he told them it wasn't true. They just thought he was crazy. "She was taken," he scowled, still not looking at Lark. "My brother, Poseidon. He took her from me." Rasmus bit his lip as tears began to spill over his cheeks. He sucked in a shaky breath before continuing. "I was worried he would take the kids, too, so I decided it was safer to take them with me back to the Underworld where he couldn't get to them. But I left them there when I came back up here to look for her, so they think I killed them but I didn't. Not really."

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

sister sites
listed at & static affiliates
RPG-D RPG Initiative; SURFACE LIES
SKIN EXCLUSIVELY MADE FOR KEYS TO THE CITY BY KIMMY CUSTOM FORUM STRUCTURE BY BLACK - TOGGLE SIDEBAR BY KISMET - CTS BY REE AT SHINE