KEYS TO THE CITY
C-BOX

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

sunlight, tag :: rasmus
Lark Noel
 Posted: Oct 24 2016, 11:16 PM

Nanny
Novosibirsk, Russia
they/them/their
years old
Non Binary
Pansexual
Panromantic
monoamorous
Kimmy
Central
language
sex
violence

PM
she/her/her
awards

sunlight
Lark supposed that did make sense. She knew people wouldn't believe what he said. People thought people like her and Rasmus were crazy. She knew she was, and maybe Rasmus was, too. But that didn't mean they were liars, necessarily.

She hated that he was crying. It hurt the more she watched and the more she watched the more she hated herself for having brought this up in the first place.

Taking a step closer, she reached out toward him, but didn't touch him in case he didn't want her to. Something was telling her to not encourage this, but... how did she know if he was telling the truth or not?

"Why did he take her?"

She frowned.

"And not really?" she questioned. "What do you mean not really?"

PMEmail
^
Rasmus Agonia
 Posted: Oct 25 2016, 09:27 PM

unemployed
heraklion, greece
he/him/his
years old
Male
heterosexual
heteroromantic
monoamorous
hades
est
language
sex
violence

odiushades#1101 (discord)
they/them/their
awards
N/A

SUNLIGHT

"I don't know why," Hades sniffled, wiping at his face. Wrinkles appeared between his brows. It was a question he'd asked himself thousands of times. "Maybe he was jealous? Because we were happy? I don't know... I haven't seen him since it happened. He knows what I would do if I did."

The second question made him look up at her quizzically, as though he didn't quite understand what she meant. It was Hades' turn to frown, shifting his weight from one foot to the other.

"Well, there's only one way to get to the Underworld. The living don't get over the Styx, myself included."

tag:: @Lark Noel + outfit:: click + audio:: click
PM
^
Lark Noel
 Posted: Oct 27 2016, 10:54 PM

Nanny
Novosibirsk, Russia
they/them/their
years old
Non Binary
Pansexual
Panromantic
monoamorous
Kimmy
Central
language
sex
violence

PM
she/her/her
awards

sunlight
There were pieces to this puzzle still missing. Lark was trying to fill them in herself and she just ended up with more empty spots and more missing pieces.

She decided to leave the topic of Persephone alone for a bit. There was something missing there and she figured maybe the kids had something to do with it.

"So, you killed them to protect them?" she asked, pressing her fingers into her temples. "I'm sorry, I just don't get any of this. I don't know these stories and I don't get why you can't travel back and forth freely and why you had to kill them."

She frowned, "I'm missing something, clearly."

PMEmail
^
Rasmus Agonia
 Posted: Nov 7 2016, 12:25 AM

unemployed
heraklion, greece
he/him/his
years old
Male
heterosexual
heteroromantic
monoamorous
hades
est
language
sex
violence

odiushades#1101 (discord)
they/them/their
awards
N/A

SUNLIGHT

Sometimes it was hard to keep in mind that not everyone knew the Old Stories. Even those who did rarely had an accurate version. Time had eroded the facts and wittled them down to vague myths at best, outright falsehoods at worst.

"I'll try to explain," he said carefully, sorting out the words in his head. "The Underworld is a place. It's where you go when you die. You arrive at the joining of two rivers, and there are fields to either side. You can't look behind you, but if you look forward, between the rivers, it's like a city but with no buildings. People everywhere. The Meadows of Asphodel to the East, the Fields of Elysium to the West. The Rivers are a bit complicated... the biggest one is the Styx, but it circles the Underworld seven times. The segment you have to actually cross to get in we call the Acheron. You have to take a boat across it, but before you can take the boat you have to pay the fee and drink water from the other river, the Lethe. The water from it makes you forget about everything you've done in your life and any previous afterlives you've had. There's no undoing it once you've drank it. Persephone and I know better, we know not to drink it, but the children don't," Hades explained.

"If I hadn't gone with them they would have drank the water, and then they would go into the afterlife not knowing who they were. If they chose to be reborn, everything would be lost. I couldn't let that happen. So I went with them. The rules apply to me just the same as everyone else, for coming and going. If there was a loophole for me, anyone could use it if they figured it out. It's just how things work. Does that make more sense?" he asked, his eyes pleading.

tag:: @Lark Noel + outfit:: click + audio:: click
PM
^
Lark Noel
 Posted: Nov 29 2016, 06:03 AM

Nanny
Novosibirsk, Russia
they/them/their
years old
Non Binary
Pansexual
Panromantic
monoamorous
Kimmy
Central
language
sex
violence

PM
she/her/her
awards

sunlight
Lark clung to every word that Hades spoke, trying desperately to understand all of this. The Underworld. Styx. Lethe. Fields and Meadows. It was a lot to take in. And it didn't help even after all of that she still felt as if there was something missing.

Biting her tongue, she stared at him for a long time contemplating. It felt easy to believe him. To believe all of this. And she wanted to, she really did. Maybe she wouldn't have easily questioned this a year ago, but things have changed.

"It does..." she said slowly. "So, um. Okay. You need to find Persephone, yes? Is that what you're getting at? So you can be a family again?"

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

sister sites
listed at & static affiliates
RPG-D RPG Initiative; SURFACE LIES
SKIN EXCLUSIVELY MADE FOR KEYS TO THE CITY BY KIMMY CUSTOM FORUM STRUCTURE BY BLACK - TOGGLE SIDEBAR BY KISMET - CTS BY REE AT SHINE